Private Outings and Events
Tournament and outing operations at the University Golf Course have been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic, please call the Golf Shop at (706) 369-5739 if you are interested in hosting an event.
The UGA Golf Course invites your group to “tee it up” on one of the best golf courses in Georgia for a truly memorable event!
You can be assured of quality service, a friendly staff, and an exciting golf experience. The experienced staff at UGA is dedicated to ensuring that all aspects of your event are handled in a professional and personalized manner. Customized events are also available for a unique experience.
Special Requests and Questions
Please do not hesitate to call the Golf Course Manager if you have any questions or special requests (706) 369-5739. The Golf Course staff knows each event is different and are more than happy to work at customizing an event to meet the needs of their customer.
Event Types and Starting Times
Special pricing and services are available for groups of 28 or more. Players may start under standard 8 minute interval tee times or a shotgun start, where players are placed on different holes and all start at the same time. Please note that shotgun starts require a $4,000 minimum on weekdays and $5,000 on weekends (Friday-Sunday). Both of those fees include up to 80 players. Additional players are $50 each weekdays and $60 each on weekends. The Golf Course can accommodate up to 120 players in a single shotgun start before rental carts will be necessary. Please see the 2021 Tournament-Outing Information (PDF) for more detailed information and a copy of the Golf Course’s rental contract.
Professional Services Provided
- Advanced booking privileges
- Personalized scorecards
- Registration area
- Special event competitions
- Personalized cart signs
- Scoring services
- Rule sheets
- Format sheets
- Coolers and ice for drinks
Additional Services (Available at an Additional Charge)
- Campus Catering
- Beverage services (the Golf Course does not have a liquor license, so we cannot sell alcohol)
- Golf clinics
- Tee favors
- Gift certificates for tournament prizes and/or special event winners
Requested from Host Organization
- Anticipated final number of golfers at least 4 days prior to event
- Logos for signage
- Final pairings list and special event requests at least 4 days prior to event
- Representative from your group on-site at least 1.5 hours prior to starting time
- Provide participants with UGA Golf Course policies regarding personal alcohol consumption and appropriate attire
- Payment in full is expected following completion of your event
- Sign an Event Management Agreement (PDF) prior to the commencement of play
Persons 21 and over are allowed to possess and consume alcohol on the UGA Golf Course property. Driving a golf cart while intoxicated is not allowed and Georgia DUI laws will apply. Groups renting the Golf Course may provide alcohol at their event or sell it via a properly licensed caterer under the guidelines set forth in the UGA Golf Course Rental Agreement. If students are in attendance at an event hosted at the UGA Golf Course, the Social Events Policy from the UGA Division of Student Affairs must be followed at all times.