UGA Faculty/Staff League
Started March 16, 2021!
- Open to all UGA and UNG faculty and staff
- Tuesday evenings during daylight savings time
- First tee time will be between 5:00 p.m. and 5:20 p.m.
- Open to all skill levels
- Weekly 9-hole events
- Individual and team formats
- Weekly event entry fee is $5.00 per player plus the league 9-hole green fee of $12.80
- Winners from each weekly event receive golf shop credit
- While each event is separate, there will be a season-long individual shop credit pool that will be paid out after the last event
- 9-hole cart fee is $10.80 including tax
- Entries into weekly events are on a first-come, first-served basis
Please contact the golf shop at email@example.com to sign up or for more information.
Ladies University Golf Association (LUGA)
Started March 29, 2021!
“Meet, Play, Learn!”
The Ladies University Golf Association (LUGA) is an association of women golfers of all ages and abilities. The purpose of LUGA is to promote the game of golf in a fun and welcoming atmosphere.
- LUGA is open to all lady golfers! You do not have to be affiliated with the University to join.
- Joining fee (the joining fee is waved your first time playing with LUGA):
- $15 for spring semester
- $15 for the summer
- $15 for the fall semester
- $40 for the entire year (includes handicapping service through the Georgia State Golf Association)
- Cost to play:
- LUGA plays 9 holes on Monday afternoons with tee times beginning at 5:30 p.m.
- Only ladies that have joined the league or are interested in joining the league may play.
- If I do not have any clubs but would like to play, we can provide clubs. Please contact Clint Udell and he will make sure to have them ready for you when you arrive.
Please call the Golf Shop at (706) 369-5739 and request to play with the Ladies League. The only charge for your first time playing with the group will be the golf fee. After that, in order to join the league, you will need to pay the league fee and then you gain unlimited access to League Play Days.
Feel free to contact Clint Udell either via phone (706) 369-5946 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions about the Ladies League.
No Experience? No worries!
We offer group clinics and also have a putting league in conjunction with regular play. We offer group clinics and also have a putting league in conjunction with regular play.
There are several opportunities for learning golf at the UGA Golf Course. We offer free instruction days in the spring and fall, we have Get Golf Ready programs running year-long, or you can contact Clint Udell about private lessons.
- Open to retired men and women who enjoy the game of golf, fellowship, and exercise.
- You do not need to be affiliated with UGA to join and play.
- There is no fee to join the league.
- We have standing tee times every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday:
- Fall and Winter: tee times begin 10:00 a.m.
- Spring and Summer: times begin at 9:00 a.m.
- Exceptions to regular tee times will be sent by email notification once you have joined the group.
- To play, simply show up approximately 30 minutes before the first tee time and pairings will be determined based on personal preferences, tee choice, those playing 9 holes only, etc.
- We are a non-competitive group.
- We typically fill 3 to 4 tee times each day with a variety of different members. Many of us play every day and some once or twice per week.
- We are roughly 50/50:
- Black tee (5186 yards), age 70 and older
- White tee (5997 yards), ages 55 – 70
- About half of us walk the course and half choose to take a cart.
If you are interested in joining us, or have any questions about the league, please call the University Golf Course at (706) 369-5739 or email Joe Powell at email@example.com.
UGA Rec Sports Club Golf Team
UGA Rec Sports Intramural Golf League