The UGA Golf Course is a public course open to students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the general public.
The Golf Course is as beautiful to look at as it is challenging to play. Set on the rolling terrain of northeast Georgia, this par 71 Robert Trent Jones layout is widely regarded as one of the best university courses in the United States. Renovated by Love Golf Design in 2006, the course is up to the standards of modern championship play and is home to both of the University’s top-ranked golf teams and maintains their practice grounds and clubhouse. While extremely challenging from the championship Bulldog Tees, the course has six sets of tees to help golfers of all abilities enjoy their round on this classic layout.
The facility serves as host to numerous competitions throughout the year, both collegiate and professional. The Liz Murphey Collegiate Classic, the oldest women’s collegiate tournament in the southern United States, annually boasts one of the toughest fields that the women will see all year. Multiple men’s and women’s Southeastern Conference Championships and three NCAA Women’s Championships have been played on the University Golf Course. The course also hosted one of the Men’s NCAA Regional Tournaments in 2012.
Course Features & Services
- 18-hole Robert Trent Jones, Sr. Championship Layout
- Renovated by Love Golf Design in 2006
- Six sets of tees, ranging from 4,354 yards to 7,258 yards
- Staffed by PGA Professionals
- Driving range with modern short game practice area
- Home to the UGA Men’s and Women’s Golf Teams
- Full service retail Golf Shop
- Online golf shop
- Frequent player programs
- PGA Professional golf club fitting service
- Online tee time reservation system
- USGA Handicap service available
- Champions Café snack bar
- Catering services available
- Scoreboard and patio areas for group functions
- Private and group lessons by appointment
- Golf carts equipped with GPS, pull carts, and rental clubs